Weight Loss

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Next!


On Saturday I'll be in Buena Vista, CO for the Collegiate Peaks 25 mile run.  No worries, the snow is gone by now...I hope.  I'm excited for this race.  There are a few unknowns: weather, how I'll react to the altitude (7900'-9400'), and how I'll react to the altitude.  No, that's not a mistake - I wrote that twice...but even so, a girl has to have some goals, especially when I consider this to be an important race.  So here they are:

A Goal (great happiness if achieved) - sub 6:30
B Goal (satisfaction if achieved) - sub 7:00
C Goal (try to be content if achieved) - finish

I really don't have a sense if these are sandbagging goals - because I really don't know how I'll react to the altitude.  However, my marathon PR is just a 5:58, so I think these are push goals.  Guess we'll see. 

Other happenings:

  • For the month of April, I logged 151.70 miles.  Far less than I should have...this training session has involved a lot more rest days.  I'll assess if this was a good thing or not.  I really tried to listen to my body this time around so I can race uninjured.
  • Last weekend was a big mile weekend - 22 miles on Saturday and 12 miles on Sunday.  This wiped me out.  Destroyed me actually.  I don't think I started feeling recovered until this morning.
  • I upgraded some of my workout gear.  Two new pairs of capris, a long sleeve tech, a new wind jacket in the best shade of pink ever, and two new sports bras - all one size smaller!
  • I'm one size smaller not because of losing weight, just changing my body composition.  I've finally come to terms that the scale doesn't tell the "entire" story and doesn't really matter.
Here's what my mileage, strength training and rest days have looked like the past few weeks:

Week of April 11
Monday: rest day
Tuesday: 3.28 miles
Wednesday: 5.07 miles
Thursday: 5.10 miles
Friday: rest day
Saturday: 13.35 miles
Sunday: rest day
Total miles:26.8 miles

Week of April 18
Monday: rest day
Tuesday: 7.38 miles
Wednesday: strength training
Thursday: 7.91 miles
Friday: strength training
Saturday: 22 miles
Sunday: 12.13 miles
Total miles: 49.42 miles

Week of April 25
Monday: rest day
Tuesday: rest day
Wednesday: strength training
Thursday: 7.8 miles
Friday: rest day
Saturday: 8.08 miles
Sunday: rest day
Total miles:   15.88 miles

Happy Running!

Laura

1 comment: