Weight Loss

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Here We Go!

My first post.  A little scary.  You might have high expectations!  Hopefully not too high.  My posts will focus on my running, my quest to eat well, and my search for the best man.  So here we go...

Two more days until Thanksgiving.  I'm thankful for an extra long weekend and the promise of the feast of turkey, gravy and stuffing!  And I'm thankful for my family and great friends.  I feel fortunate that I have a job that I enjoy...but I'm not thankful for the cold weather!

My morning started with a 4 mile run with some great friends from the running group.  It was cold, 24 degrees, and did I mention that I'm still not happy with the fact that summer has left us here in Denver?  If not for my running buddies, the run would have been more difficult - it felt labored (cold air?) but I was happy to get it in.

Each week I set some goals...  This week is to make good food choices (with Thanksgiving as a "free" but not crazy day) and to get back to some sort of strength training.  As for food, I'm hoping to consume no more than 1600 calories per day.  I'm going to see if I can maintain a photo journal of my eats...forgive the growing pains of my learning how to take great food photos...but I think I've already improved.  In general, I tend to weigh and measure.  I guess I enjoy precision...

Pre-run I had coffee with 1 t. of sugar and 1/2 c. of 1% milk.  And I forgot to take a picture of this!  Post-run breakfast:  Nature's Path Instant Hot Maple Nut Oatmeal with 1/2 c. of frozen blueberries.


Mid-morning snack was a banana and a low-sodium V8.


This really kept me full.  I didn't eat my salad until 12:30 and my sandwich and apple until 1:20pm.  And usually I "have to" eat at Noon.  Lunch was a salad of greens, tomatoes, 1 T. Kraft light balsamic dressing and a Frigo low-fat mozarella stick, a low-sodium turkey sandwich (3 oz turkey and 1.5 T of light miracle whip) and an apple.




Mid-afternoon snack was a chocolate chip Clif Z bar.


Dinner was 4 oz. grilled chicken, 1 c. basmati rice, 1 T low-sodium soy sauce, 1/2 T of maple syrup, and 1 T of chopped pecans.


And my treat for the day...4 oz of red wine!

Totals for the Day:
Workout: 4 mile run
Eats:  1547 calories consumed (25% Protein, 57% Carbs, 18% Fat)
Men: zero

Have a great Wednesday! 
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment