Weight Loss

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Eve of Thanksgiving!

I started the cold morning with a cup of coffee with 1/2 c. 1% milk and 1 t. sugar....


and a 2.21 mile walk,  where I was greeted by this beautiful sunrise...


I'm training for the Little Rock Marathon and today the schedule called for a cross-training day - as this is a recovery week.  I was really hoping to get a little strength training in at home by doing Jillian Michaels' No More Trouble Zones.  But I spent too much time over my cup of coffee and opted to use the remaining time to go outside for a walk.  I always seem to choose cardio over strength training and I really need to get back to the lifting some weights.  Never fear, I'll be doing the video first thing Friday morning!  I excited about tomorrow's Turkey Trot.  My first Turkey Trot and first 4 mile race.  This is a race for fun.  Word is that 10,000 folks do this race and that it gets pretty crowded.  Beforehand, I'll run 2 miles so that I get the full 6 miles that is on my schedule.  And before the race start, the running group will meet up - and it is always great to see folks from the running group. 

Today was challenging eating wise.  Definitely felt hungry, needed to add a little to my afternoon snack, but I stuck to my calorie target.  I left work around 12:30pm, got my car registered, which required an emissions test and a trip to the DMV.  As I was out and driving around, I couldn't help but notice all the fast food restaurants.  Thankfully, I'm not a fast food fan, so I resisted the urge...And doing laundry this evening kept me out of eating trouble!

I tend to eat the same things over and over again.  So I'll spare you the repetitive photography...

Here are my eats for the day:

Breakfast:  Nature's Path Instant Maple Nut Hot Oatmeal, 1/2 c. frozen blueberries with a generous sprinkle of cinnamon

Mid-morning snack: banana and low-sodium V8

Lunch: oops, no veggies!  Turkey sandwich (with 1.5 T light miracle whip and 3 oz low-sodium turkey), a Frigo low fat string cheese, and an apple.

Afternoon snack: Clif Z chocolate chip bar and a little something more...1/4 oz of blue cheese and 5 Kashi Honey Sesame crackers - I just had to have a "taste" of cheese and crackers.


Dinner:  Tomatoes with balsamic vinegar (I adore tomatoes)


And 1 c. basmati rice (left over from last night) and one link of a smoked mozzarella with artichokes & garlic chicken sausage that I picked up at Costco.  It was so yummy...I warmed the sausage in a non-stick fry pan and the cheese melted...oh so good!


And a small peppermint patty.  I had planned on eating two clementines...but I guess I needed a taste of chocolate instead...which means I didn't get the recommended servings of fruit and veggies for the day!

And my post dinner treat (as if the peppermint patty wasn't enough): 4 oz red wine.

My food game plan for tomorrow...well, I should have one because even with a 6 mile run, I can't eat whatever I want.  I'm going to hope to come in around 2700 calories for the day.  This sounds a lot, but did you know that the average Thanksgiving Day dinner is 3000 calories?   So I'm hoping to stick to my usal eats before Thanksgiving and make sure that I only splurge on quality food...wish me luck!

Daily Totals:
Eats: 1489 calories  (18% Protein, 63% Protein, 19% fat)
Workout: 2.21 mile walk
Men: zero

No comments:

Post a Comment