Weight Loss

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Big Bird to the Rescue

I love Big Bird.  He was always so kind and wise.  I'm sure he still is, I just don't watch Sesame Street anymore.  Anyhow, my very own Big Bird bailed me out of the prison otherwise known as the ellipitcal trainer.



My Big Bird was not yellow and he really wasn't all that tall.  He was a 75 year old man walking strong on one of the two treadmills in my building's basement gym, at the highest incline.  He had skinny bird legs and a round body.  And he was wise and kind.  When I related to him my previous inability to make either of the treadmills work, he showed me the tricks.  And so yesterday morning and this morning, I did not have to venture out into the single digit weather to get my run on.  Thank you Big Bird!

Sorry no pictures from my day yesterday.  I promise this evening to share some pics of today's eats.  Yesterday, I had a 296 g carb day!  I started with my usual coffee with 1/2 c. 1% milk and 1 t. sugar, and Nature's Path Oatmeal with 5.6 oz of blackberries.  My mid-morning snack was a banana and 1/2 oz of pretzels.  Lunch was a turkey sandwich with 2 slices of the Honey Whole Wheat bread, 1.5 T of Miracle Whip light and 3 oz of low-sodium turkey breast with two clementines and some grape tomatoes.  Afternoon snack was 1/2 oz of pretzels and a Crunchy Peanut Butter Clif Bar and then I went out with friends and had two 16 oz Guinness beers (yikes) and some sweet potato fries and some thai chicken nuggets.  So yesterday's total included some guess work...

Daily Totals - From Monday
Eats: 2076 calories (63% carbs (296 g carbs), 19% protein, and 18% fat)
Run: 4.0 miles on the treadmill
Men: The man I contacted email got back to me and he's currently dating someone, good for him!  I made my profile on Plenty of Fish active and I'll try to do the same on Match sometime this week.  I know, I said I was going to do that a while ago...I guess I wasn't ready yet...

Have a great Tuesday!  More later this evening.

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment