Weight Loss

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Lovely Morning Hike!

Sunday brought continued warmer weather and my friend M and I, along with the most adorable dog on earth, went on a hike at Matthews/Winters Open Space area.  The trail was snow packed with a few sections of ice and mud, and it was refreshing to be outside. 



With Indigo as your hiking companion, how can you not have fun?  She climbed up and down cliffs but always stayed in close eye contact with us.



It was fun to watch her unbridled joy over being outside!  And the views were awesome.



Pre-hike I went to Starbucks.  I brew Starbucks at home and on their bags of coffee, you can get a free tall coffee by turning in the empty bag...and I paired that with a slice of Honey Whole Wheat and 1 T of reduced fat peanut butter. 




My snack (or Lunch #1) was left-over pizza from last night's trip to Sauce...so yummy!

The rest of the day was so boring food wise...well I'm bored with it and that's not a good thing.  For lunch I had a slice of the bread with 1 t. whipped butter and Progresso's reduced sodium Italian Wedding Soup.  Snack was a Clif Bar, chocolate chip.  Dinner was left over brown rice (1 c.), grape tomatoes and the turkey sausage from Costco.  Dinnerr turned out tons better than I thought it would.  I wanted to pair it with pasta, but I didn't dare let the brown rice sit one more day!  Snack was a slice of bread with butter and jam.  Sorry no photos.  I wasn't feeling that the food was all that photogenic.  Honestly, I'm tired of trying to force myself eating things like bread to get in my 300 grams of carbs.  And I still failed at this today, even with all that bread and rice!  SIGH.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll be out of this food rut.

Last night was an awesome food night.  I picked up a pizza from Sauce - sausage and carmelized onion.  I love carmelized onion!  And beer :).



I spent what felt like a great deal of time on match.com this afternoon catching up on emails.  And I still have one more to send.  A few men seem really interesting, so I'm hoping to have a date soon...

Here are my totals from yesterday and today:
Saturday's Totals:
Eats: 2235 calories (16% protein, 61% carbs, 23% fat) 331 g of carbs
Run: 12.63 miles
Men: emailing on match.com

Sunday Totals:
Eats: 1843 calories (18% protein, 55% carbs, 27% fat) 261 g of carbs
Workout: 4 mile hike
Men: emailing on match.com

Here's to an inspiring week of good eats.  My goal for the week is more veggies!  Have a great evening...

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment