Weight Loss

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I'm In Love

With avocados. 



I just can't get enough of them.  On a sandwich, in a salad, or as guacomole.  Its all good if it includes avocado.  At first I thought it was a simple crush and the newness would wear off.  But my love knows no bounds!  Did you know they are a fruit?

So I kicked off my snack like dinner with a mashed avocado (= to 3.75 oz of avocado) with onion & garlic powder, white pepper and sea salt.  I added some grape tomatoes and got my munch on with two corn cakes from Real Foods.



The other half of my dinner included two more corn cakes with red pepper hummus sprinkled with cayenne pepper.  And dessert was two small york peppermint patties.

I started my day with Jamba Juice's Banana Oatmeal - as Wednesday is $1 oatmeal day.  It was yummy good.  Along with a coffee with whole milk from Starbucks.  I love that more and more places are offering oatmeal as a breakfast option.  This oatmeal came in around 280 calories.



My other eats included reduced fat white cheddar cheez-its, a turkey sandwich, and a small serving of Dark Chocolate Peppermint ice cream from the Cold Stone Creamery.  Not a stellar eating day.

5K Time Trial
When I was in Lake Placid, my brother and SIL expressed concern over my training by heart rate.  They had a compelling argument to train by pace so in order to have my SIL establish my different training zones, I needed to do a 5K time trial.  So Tuesday morning, I headed to Wash Park and ran a 5K (plus 5.9 more miles to get in all my scheduled miles for the day).  I really pushed myself.  Maybe even harder than I would have in a race.  There certainly were less distractions than most races have.  It felt good to just run hard, heart rate be damned.  And now I'm equipped with training paces.  While I only have 6 weeks before Little Rock, I think this change will give me some more confidence.

The other exciting side of the time trial - it predicts a marathon time that would shave 37 minutes off of my marathon PR.  I'm "seasoned" enough to know that a lot of variables impact performance on race day, but knowing that it is possible and that I'm in better condition now then I was in the fall has boosted my confidence.

Daily Totals
Eats: My software for food totals is down right now.  Promise to provide tomorrow's!
Runs: Off day
Men: email exchanges with three bachelors and I have two dates for the remainder of the week.

Have an awesome evening!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment