Weight Loss

Friday, January 29, 2010

Running in the Snow


Yesterday morning I woke up and we had a dusting of snow on the ground.  I was a little disappointed that we didn't get the expected 1-3 inches so that it could look a little more like the picture above.  While I usually am not a fan of the cold, I can appreciate new snow, especially because in Denver it usually melts in a day or so.  Even though my running buddy bailed on me, I headed out to Wash Park at 5:00am.  The outer loop, which is a dirt/crusher fine loop, was covered in snow and I loved the fact that there was only one set of footprints on the trail when I started.  And as I completed my 7 mile run around the park, more and more people and doggy prints appeared.  It was extra peaceful.  A nice run even if it felt like my feet were lead.

I feel out of control with my eating.  When I lost my weight, I stayed away from eating out.  This week alone, between dates, bookclub and work, I will be eating out seven times.  I know how to eat out healthy but for me, eating out has always been a "special occasion" when I suspend my healthy eating rules.  I need to figure this out.  The out of control feeling just fuels more emotional eating. 

My eats yesterday were my usual breakfast: oatmeal with blueberries and coffee with milk and sugar.  I skipped my morning snacks and had lunch at McCormick's.  I had the blackened catfish with mashed potatoes and sauteed veggies.  I also ate some bread.  I skipped my afternoon snacks and had dinner at one of my favorite happy hour places, the Great Northern Tavern.  I had a Guinness beer, a little bit of salad (but couldn't finish because it was drenched in dressing), and chicken pesto linguine with sundried tomatoes.  I also had three small bites of espresso cheesecake. 

So my totals are my best estimates...

Thursday Totals
Eats: 2039 calories (21% protein, 49% carbs (241g carbs), 30% fat)
Run: 7.01 miles
Men: Due to a last minute dinner with a client, I had to reschedule my date from last night.  Thankfully he was very understanding.

The calories, if close to accurate, aren't bad if I am maintaining my weight.  However, I want to lose weight and should be closer to 1800.  And that could have been accomplished by skipping the roll and beer.  Today's a new day and I need to learn and move on. 

I'm happy it is Friday and the weekend is almost here!  I have three dates this weekend, starting this evening.  I am most excited about tomorrow's date. 

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment