Weight Loss

Friday, January 8, 2010

Put Away the Flowers and Unicorns


I enjoy Friday mornings.  I usually take Fridays off from all workouts.  So this morning I was able to do a little cleaning, which seems like the perfect way to say, "hello weekend."  It also gives me time to think about training and what I want and need from it.  In two short months, I'll be running my second marathon.  And so, its really time to get serious and stop taking each run easy.  This makes tomorrow's 14 miler more exciting.  I'll be training in Zone 2 and 3 tomorrow and I'm looking forward to pushing it a little, so long as the footing is good.  Yesterday's high was around 13 degrees.  This morning when I woke up it was -1 degrees.  This makes it likely that tomorrow's run will be a little icy.  In any event, I'm putting my sister-in-law's comment to heart - "Put away the flowers and unicorns, it time to buckle down and get serious" about training. 

Plans for the weekend also include roasting my very first chicken and going to breakfast at my favorite breakfast spot, Snooze


Do you think my roasted chicken will look like this?  I hope so!

I'll be back this evening with my eats.  I have a lunch meeting at Maggiano's so it will be interesting...

Have a great Friday!

Laura

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is so cute! :) Good luck on the roasted chicken.

    I LOVE Fridays too...I like for them to be productive so I can have a fun, relaxing weekend with nothing to HAVE to do :)

    ReplyDelete