Weight Loss

Friday, March 19, 2010

New Things

Sometimes old things become new again...especially when you haven't experienced them in a long time.

There was a time that I would strength train two or three times each week.  Faithfully.  Ah, the good ol' days.  Then...marathon training came along and I gave my permission to just run.  Which is unnecessary and is a big mistake.  There was a bit of a snafu with my P90X and I decided this morning, I can't wait around for it to arrive.  So I did the ab routine included with my Bosu.


It was fun!  I think the Bosu is my favorite piece of gym equipment.  I was shaking on the bosu, so I think it was a good workout for my weak abs and lower back. 

This rounded out a good recovery week of four 3 mile walks.  I feel ready to run...and tomorrow morning will go for a six mile run...with the group if the weather cooperates!  Right now, Denver is expected to get anywhere from 4 inches to a foot of snow.  And just yesterday we had temps close to 70 degrees!  This is typical spring weather for us.
While my ab workout was something old that felt new...some times new things are just that...new things.  I'm not sure what is the "best" protein source, but I found this product over the weekend while grocery shopping.  And I incorporated it into my Green Monsters.


Along with a scoop of this, my Green Monsters this week had 1 c. 1% milk, 2c. raw spinach, and a banana.  I was hoping that the addition of protein powder will help keep me satisfied all morning long, eliminating the need for a morning snack.  But that was a fail.  Although I think my morning snack is more about stress eating and not actual hunger.  I'll see what next week will bring.  In any event, the Green Monster is still a great way to start the day!  Yum.

This past weekend, I stocked up on some veggies.


Not pictured: apples and spinach.  All to support my goal of eating more veggies and fruit.  And while I'm still eating too many calories, at least each day this week I had at least four to six servings of fruits and vegetables each day.

And I roasted asparagus.  I just couldn't pass by this beautiful and skinny asparagus - and it was on sale.  Here's how easy it was...

I snapped the tough ends off of the bunch of asparagus.  Washed it, put it on a baking sheet.  I drizzled equal parts olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  Sprinkled some see salt.  And roasted it for 8 minutes in a 425 degree oven.  Turn the asparagus half way through the cooking time.  You might need longer time if your asparagus is thicker. 

Before the oven magic.

And after.


I'm happy the weekend has arrived!  I'm looking forward to returning to running and going out with my bachelor to a Nuggets game.  Hope you all have an awesome weekend!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment