Weight Loss

Friday, April 9, 2010

P90X Fail

Monday started out so promising.  And then the wheels of this P90X operation came falling apart.  Monday was the only P90X workout I got in.  Oh Tony Horton, I know you are disappointed in me.  He would make some comment about not bringin' it and give me an ol' failing grade...


I'm not giving up.  Next week is a new start.  And I think I'll start my P90X week on a Sunday, when I have a lot more time!  I'm also thinking of trying to do two or three workouts this week as a way to ease into it, instead of going from zero to 60 in under a minute. 

So what happened to the P90X operation?  It was a busy week with the bachelor.  Lots of good times and little sleep.  And at the end of the day, I won't skip a run for P90X.  I had a fabulous 5 mile speedwork session on Tuesday which tested this Buttercup's muster.  On my last lap it started to hail. 


Yes, that's right, it hailed while I was running.  I'm not sure if I knew it was my last lap or the hail made it so...in any event, I had some good acceleration laps.  And then on Thursday, I had a really great 6 mile run.  I pushed myself a little bit more because I ran with someone the entire time - the benefits of running with others.

The weekend arrived early for me when the boss gave me the afternoon off.  What does a girl do with such free time?  Well, I went to Costco and am currently doing laundry.  Exciting stuff, no doubt but the only night I was home this week was Monday!  So I needed to do a little catch up.



I love Costco.  I know I'm not the only one...even bachelor loves Costco.  Today's trip I stocked up on hummus, clementines, apple slices, spinach, sunscreen, water with bubbles, chicken burgers and sundried tomatoes...

Tomorrow I have a 10 mile run with the group.  And then I think bachelor and I will do something on Saturday evening.  Sunday will be a hike with M & K and lunch or afternoon cocktails with other friends.  I also hope to cook something...I didn't forget about that New Year's resolution...Hope you all have an awesome weekend!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment