Weight Loss

Monday, April 5, 2010

P90X Day One


Ha.  Ha.  Ha.  Oh.  My.  Day One was chest, back and abs.  And if yesterday's fitness test is any indication, I might be a little sore tomorrow.  Actually, I was a little sore by 11:00am.  The workout was hard, but Tony Horton is encouraging, shows you different adaptations, and encourages you to push through.  While not a connoisseur of workout DVDs, I've seen a few and this is by far the best!

Today's workout included variations on the pull-up bar and many different types of push ups.  52 minutes worth. Only a few exercises involving dumb bells.  It was fun.  Felt good to get back to strength training.  And then a 16 minute ab routine.   Could I keep up?  Definitely not.  But this is only Day One. 

The pull-up bar.  Rest assured I am not doing unassisted pull-ups.  Wouldn't want you all to be thinking I am super woman!  I managed 1/4 of an unassisted pull-up.  Well, maybe it was an 1/8 of an unassisted pull-up.  But I am rather proficient at hanging on the bar - but as a friend kindly pointed out, that isn't going to get me anywhere.  So my pull-ups were assisted by the chair, but I could still feel the burn! 

Last night was movie night with the bachelor, so I didn't get to sleep until midnight.  Needless to say, I had time to get the P90X workout in, but not enough time to get my run on.  I think balance between life, going out, work and running this is going to be tough to fit it all in.  Especially because above all else, I'd rather be running!

Before you start P90X, there is home work.  So, after yesterday's hike with M & K, I took the P90X fitness test.  You write down how you do with different exercises - pull ups, push ups, vertical leaps, toe touches, wall squats, etc.  While P90X might take me 180 days to get through, I'm motivated.

Hope you had a great start to your week!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment