Weight Loss

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Redemption


I was going to title this post "Archnemesis."  On August 14th I will join a few thousand folks and participate in the Georgetown to Idaho Springs Half-Marathon.  I ran this in 2008 and 2009.  In 2008, it was my very first half-marathon and at mile 10 I thought my knee was going to fall off.  That was my first introduction to my ITB and while I contemplated hitching a ride with the sag wagon...I recovered just fine.   In 2009, I tripped in the first mile and pulled a groin muscle.  I finished the race, beat 2008's time but was then side-lined from running for a few weeks.  I'm not saying I dislike the race.  But its a wonder why I don't.  This year, I plan on breaking this streak...third time's the charm, eh?   And I'll make sure this guy doesn't pass me this year like he did in 2008.


Yes, he's got some walking poles and I'm pretty sure some oxygen.  This was the first and last time I made any judgments on folks' race abilities.



This week's training ended with a 6 mile outing at Bear Creek Lake Park - I did the Bear Chase 10km Baby Bear course. 



I ran into a former boyfriend out on the trail - he was on his mountain bike and looked great.  It was nice to chat with him.   After 2 miles of not really feeling strong, I was able to get into a nice pace for a few miles. 


The 10km course is a really nice course...even if there are no river crossings...



Its a recovery week, a few less miles, but I'm in the middle of another 10 day cycle.  I napped hard after yesterday's long run.  I'm hoping that I start and end the week feeling fresh.  And after chatting with some of my running group friends who can "hear" my breathing while running, its time to talk to a doctor about exercise induced asthma.  Do you think an inhaler can make me run faster?  hehe.

Monday: planned day off
Tuesday: 8.06 miles
Wednesday 3.04 miles
Thursday 6.06 miles
Friday: 3.04 miles
Saturday: 10.02 miles
Sunday:  6.06 miles

Total for the week: 36.28 miles

Have an awesome week!

Laura

1 comment:

  1. Third time IS a charm - you will do great! And yes, I too, have learned to not "judge a book by it's cover" - people's looks can be deceiving! Beautiful photos of the Bear course. Is that a race that is done in the fall? We might have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete