Weight Loss

Monday, November 1, 2010

Daily 5km

I'm desperately seeking the return of my running routine.  Mojo, where did you go?  I need you!! 


For as much as I whine that I miss my running routine, I've had zero motivation to do a thing about it.  Not anymore and I need all of you to hold me accountable!  Please! 



Today I am kicking off the Daily 5km challenge.  You are all welcome to join in your own daily challenge.  Daily 5km means that I get in at least 3.1 miles each day.  Who doesn't love a new challenge?  It's manageable and will certainly provide tons of entertainment for you the reader.  3.1 miles is doable in any weather condition, because even I can manage to get in 3.1 miles - in rain, sleet or snow as the dreadmill is near.  My target is to run the daily 5km through November and December.  This might be a tall order, perhaps a little nutty, but I'm going for it.  Maybe you should all tell me it only counts if the miles are done outside.  Sure, I'll do more miles on certain days, but I need to be moving everyday.  Heck, I miss having exercise clothes to launder...

I didn't run this morning, but don't fear, the Daily 5km is not lost.  I got my 3.1 miles in after work.  Boy is running at night a lot more scary than in the morning.  Definitely a lot more creepiness out there - at least that is where my imagaination took me.  And lest you think I slept in this morning, ha!  Nope.  I got up and did Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zone DVD.  Damn, she killed me.  I have far to go, but I am determined to get there.  This morning I managed only 3 pound weights - gosh I hope they were 3 pounds and not 2.   What can I say?  No training plan drives me a little nutty. 

Did I run this past week?  Why yes, on three days.  Wednesday I got out for a measly 1.5 miles.  Thursday, a great 5.5 miles with Mariah and Indigo.  And Saturday, members of my pace group and I met up for an informal run as the group is on break this week.  After my 12 miler on Saturday, I ended the month of October with 82.38 miles.  So I have surpassed the 1000 mile mark for the year at 1058.16 miles.  No drum roll.  The goal was 1400 for the year.  If I were to shoot for this, I would need to start the daily 10km challenge.  And that is not realistic (although tempting in a crazy kind of way - so tempting, I thought about all day long).  1400 would have happened if I hadn't got injured in June and August.  It's good to know that 1400 was a realistic goal.  But now, it is time to reset the goal.  I think with the launch of Daily 5km, I should be able to get to 1325 miles.  I hope I did the math right.  This will be a reach.  Place your bets now!

A word about the 12 miler.  It was extremely hard and uncomfortable.  I couldn't catch my breath and I forgot to bring my inhaler with me.  The weather was absolutely perfect and the trail was peaceful.  It was the perfect fall day.  But I think something in the air really got to me.  Let's just say I won't be forgetting my inhaler again.

Guess what I set up last night?  That's right, the trainer for my bike.  This evening was its maiden voyage.  My bike computer is connected to my front tire.  So that's a bummer.  I need data!  I'm going to see if I can change this so I have distance and speed - is that even possible on the trainer?  I didn't go far or long - don't want to get all crazy with the Daily 5km challenge starting up.  In all seriousness, I'm not sure if I've set it up correctly, so I'm going to consult with my sister-in-law so I don't damage my bike or the trainer!


Still struggling with food.  I ate some fabulous roasted beets last night.  I'm in love with the beet.  Just like I was in love with the avocado a few months back.  Really, it is just so beautiful and yummy too.  Lunch today was a salad made with the roasted beet, quinoa, goat cheese and balsamic vinaigrette.  If I ate beautiful food like this all the time, there would be no strugggle.  Today when I arrived to the office, I found that it is loaded with halloween candy, iced sugar cookies (made by my boss' mom), iced pound cake (made by my boss' aunt) and homemade chocolate lollipops.  It was like the Great Pumpkin threw up in our office.  Damn.  Someone save me from myself.

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment