Weight Loss

Friday, November 27, 2009

Can't Judge a Book by Its Cover

Finally, success at getting in some strength training. 


I did the Jillian Michaels' No More Trouble Zones DVD.  And while I only used 3 lb weights, my arms and abs are feeling the effort.  Also got my heart pumping.  This is either because the DVD rocks or I'm in really bad shape.  Maybe its a little bit of both... The DVD is challenging enough for me at this point, so I'll be coming back to it on Sunday.  The plank row is an amazing exercise!  Word of caution - while not advertised, I thought it was quite leg intensive.  Because I have a 10 mile trail run tomorrow, I took it easy on the squats and lunges...

Dinner was a turkey burger with garlic & onion powder and cayenne pepper.  Served it on nine-grain bread with 1.5 T light miracle whip and a whole roasted red pepper and some gherkins.


And I followed it up with two beautiful clementines.  One was a tad bit paler than the other and I thought maybe that it would result in a bland clementine.  But like most citrus, you really don't know what you'll get until to peel it open.  They were both deliciously sweet!





My  treat for the evening (as if breakfast wasn't a treat) was a small York peppermint pattie.

My totals for the day:
Calories: 1525 calories (26% Protein, 40% Carbs, 34% Fat)
Work-out: 40 minute DVD
Men: zero

I'm hoping to have some beautiful pictures to share of tomorrow's trail run!  Have a great evening! 

No comments:

Post a Comment