Weight Loss

Saturday, November 28, 2009

What's Not to Love About Ravioli?

My pre-run breakfast was the usual, a cup of coffee with 1/2 c. 1% milk and 1 t. sugar and a bowl of Nature's Path Maple Nut Oatmeal with 1/2c. blueberries.

During the run, I had 1 gel (same brand as below, Carb Boom, but a new-to-me yummy flavor - Grape Pomegranate) and 4 orange slices (the candy - and yikes, each one is 50 calories!) and 4 oz of gatorade (not really a fan). 



After my run, I had a Clif Z chocolate chip bar.

For lunch...RAVIOLI.  Perfect pasta pillows of yumminess. 



My ravioli was 1 serving (which was so hard to do) of Rising Moon's Garlic Gorgonzola Ravioli with Spinach Pasta.  I made an easy tomato sauce to put over it - a quick saute, just enough to warm up two roma tomatoes, 1 t. olive oil & some chopped garlic.  Kinda looks like Christmas!



And for an afternoon snack, I had popcorn and two small York peppermint patties.



Dinner was, you guessed it, the other half of the ravioli - this time with 4 oz of roasted chicken breast (as I was a little light on protein for the day), some orange and red peppers, sauteed with 1 t. olive oil and more chopped garlic. 



And I finished the day with two clementines.



I wish I had skipped the orange slices candy and York peppermint patties.  But tomorrow's a new day!

Totals for the day:
Eats: 1936 calories (16% protein, 67% carbs, 17% fat)
Run: 10.0 miles, trail
Men: zero (more on this tomorrow)

No comments:

Post a Comment