Weight Loss

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Perfect Seven

I was so happy to be able to get myself to bed by 9:40pm last night.  I knew I had to get some good zzzs in anticipation of my 7 mile run this morning.  The training schedule is kicking it up a little notch and I wanted to be prepared.

Pre-run I had my usual coffee with 1 t. sugar and 1/2 c. 1% milk.  But I also snacked on two fig newtons.  Runs of more than six miles usually require a little fuel before hand.  And fig newtons usually doesn't upset my stomach.  Did I mention the fig newtons were stale?  I guess I need to replace my stash!



I was out the door and went to Wash Park.  I was doing 2 of my 7 solo, and then meeting up with M & I for the final 5.  I is the cutest dog ever and even though she is full-on puppy, she is so good during our runs.  M is a great friend from the running group, and she always has some fun stories to share.  The first two miles were peaceful.  The full moon was peaking from the clouds, but you could still see some stars.  It was quiet and I liked the solo time to get my body warmed up at my own pace.  Especially because M is a faster runner than I.  Those stale fig newtons were not sitting well.  But I met up with M and put that out of my mind.  The last 5 miles went super quick.  What made this a perfect 7?  I wasn't fast at all.  This usually spells "perfect" run for me.  What made it perfect was the balance between reflective alone time and enjoyable social time.  And the fact it was warm out, and Wash Park wasn't over crowded all added to the perfect seven.

Post-run, I ate my rockstar breakfast of Nature's Path Maple Nut Oatmeal, 1/2 c. frozen blueberries and some cinnamon.  So yummy.



Now the challenge is to not eat mindlessly because I did 7 miles this morning!!  More eats later this evening!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment