Weight Loss

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Kissey Lips



I may need to retract my previous post.  Yesterday, I learned that "Hello Darlin'" is pretty mild in comparision on the creepiness scale.  A dear friend shared with me her top two creepy match.com introductory emails.  By far the one who takes top creepiness prize, in my opinion, is the man who wrote to her, subject line: Hi Sexy, and said "That picture of those kissey lips attracted me to you like a magnet."  Nothing more. I'm speechless. 

The second was from a man who lives in a neighboring state of Colorado who assured her that she didn't look a day over 45.  Which is good seeing she is 38 years old.  His subject line was "Woof."  He went on to say "I am free to live anywhere I want" and  "big love could make me pack my bags faster than you could ask "check-in or carry-on."  I got nothing to say.

Last night's date was very relaxed and enjoyable, so this assures me that these men are but a small percentage of guys out there.  I have faith. 

On the running front, I've decided to heed some advice from my sister-in-law.  Yes, the same person who discusses putting away the unicorns and flowers and get serious about training.  Well, I'm taking three days off from all activity and resting my body and my mind.  And then on Saturday, I'm going to try my scheduled 22 mile run and see how I feel about Little Rock.  I have to say, one morning of rest and I'm already feeling like a new person. 

I know I haven't posted much on my food.  I feel out of control when my meals include eating out.  And this week has been all about eating out.  I promise to do better though - accounting for what I'm eating is a powerful way to keep things healthy.  This morning I had my usual, Nature's Path Mape Nut Oatmeal with 1/2 c. blueberries and my coffee with 1/2 c. skim milk and 1 t. sugar.  I brought a lot of healthy snacks to work with me (bananas, clementines, rice cracker mix) and hoping to keep myself away from the pasteries that my boss brought in this morning. 

I have a date this evening with a new guy.  We are going to a wine bar I really enjoy and I'm looking forward to meeting him.  He's a little older than I usually look for but age is more about how you act than a number. 

Have an awesome Wednesday! 

Laura

1 comment: