Weight Loss

Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday On My Mind


I've had "Friday on My Mind" since Monday for sure!  I'm happy the weekend is upon us!  And the Winter Olympics have started!

Tomorrow morning, I have a nice 10 mile goal pace run with the fabulous 4:45 pace group.  Saturday evening, I'm going a girls only unValentine Party, and then sneaking out for date #2 with bachelor #3!  Is that playing both sides?  I hope I am forgiven.  I have no plans on Sunday, so I'm hoping to get in some ab work on my bosu ball, post the recipes I've been promising, and clean out some closets.  I  think I will also be mourning the first weekend without football.  How are you spending your weekend?  Here's what I've been up to since Tuesday...

Eats
On Wednesday, I had my usual breakfast of Nature Path's Maple Nut Oatmeal with 1/2 c. frozen blueberries & cinnamon in addition to my coffee with 1/2 c. of 1% milk and 1 t. sugar. 

In the morning, I had an Almond & Cashew KIND bar and 1 oz of Pirate's Booty.  Lunch was a Pesto chicken flatbread by Lean Cuisine and two clementines.  Afternoon snack included a banana and a Clif Z Chocolate Chip bar.  I was hungry all day long.  I think it was due to work stress.  Anyhow, I met a friend for happy hour and had two waterbabies (martini with vodka and pineapple juice), some brie with crackers and pear & blue cheese thin crust pizza.  Yum!

Thursday was another high calorie day.  It marked my return to plain oats as I was out of my stash of my usual oatmeal.  So I used 1/2 c. of these oats...

And I added 1/2 c. frozen blueberries and 1 T. of maple syrup.  The oats were substantial for sure.  But the maple syrup didn't really do the trick for me, and I love maple syrup.  My snack and lunch eats were pretty similar to Wednesday and then I had happy hour with bachelor #3, our first date.  I had two pom martinis and chicken flatbread pizza (not by Lean Cuisine). 

Today was a day to put things back in check.  Both Wednesday and Thursday had been 2000+ calorie days.  This is fine if I want to maintain my weight, but not OK if I want to lose. 

I again had the 1/2c. of the irish-style oatmeal this morning, but instead used brown sugar as my sweetener and added some pecans.  It was far better than the maple syrup option.  I had a Gingerbread Clif Bar for my morning snack.  Lean Cusine mac & cheese and two clementines for lunch and afternoon snack was just a Clif Z bar.  Dinner was yakisoba noodles with some Morningstar Farms Chick'n Nuggets,  low sodium soy sauce, and cherry tomatoes.

I realize that the combination might sound a little odd, or perhaps you are looking for the word disgusting, but it really hit the spot, and gave some needed carbs!

Runs
Wednesday was my third day in a row on the treadmill.  UGH.  I promised myself that no matter, I was heading outside on Thursday.  4 miles on the dread, recovery pace.  I fought every second on the treadmill, that's when you know you've spent far too many mornings on it!  There was a new old guy in the basement gym, so I wasn't alone but he wasn't much of a distraction to take my mind off of the boredom.

Thursday was freedom!  I ventured outside with my new warm tights and did a nice 5 miler, a few fartleks thrown in, but only when the loop wasn't covered in ice or snow!  I enjoyed watching the park come to life...even if my hands got a little chilled.  There is no reason for that, I have a box of hand warmers and just forgot to bring them with me...the sunrise was pretty as I watched the sunlight illuminate the clouds with a wonderful pink color.

Men
Bachelor #1 and I had a fabulously candid conversation last night.  He's a good man and he reinforced this with his honesty about his reaction to work stress and his weekend plans.  Bachelor #2 and I had a rather juicy text exchange on Wednesday night, which was a lot of fun. 

And then on Thursday, I met Bachelor #3 for the first time.  It is always interesting to see yourself in someone else's eyes.  Especially when the person is rather perceptive.  Bachelor #3 told me I sounded hesitant to meet him in person.  And I was.  Only because we hadn't exchanged a lot of emails first.  And I'm used to doing this before meeting a match.com guy face to face.  I thought however that I hadn't let on about my hesitancy.  The evening was great, I really enjoyed our conversation.  I think he could be a hybrid of the best qualities of Bachelors #1 and #2.  I'm excited to see him again tomorrow.

Daily Totals - Wednesday
Eats: 2098 calories (14% Protein, 59% Carbs (299 g), 27% Fat)
Calories Burned: 2005
Calorie Balance: +94 calories
Run: 4 miles

Daily Totals - Thursday
Eats: 2176 calories (12% Protein, 64% Carbs (320 g), 24% Fat)
Calories Burned: 2236
Calorie Balance: - 60 calories
Run: 5.09 miles

Daily Totals - Friday
Eats: 1667 calories (14% Protein, 62% Carbs (265 g), 24% Fat)
Calories Burned: 1725
Calories Balance: -58 calories
Run: Planned day off

OK, all caught up!  Hope you make the most of your weekend!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment