Weight Loss

Sunday, March 28, 2010

How To Run In the Mud

This afternoon I headed out to Green Mountain.  I expected a little mud, but really hoped that the snow of the past week had melted and the trails had dryed.  It was almost 70 degrees afterall...Ha! 


Over optimistic.  I should have known otherwise when a woman approached me to ask if I knew any less muddy alternatives.  I assumed she was a little weak in resolve...However the views are still as beautiful, muddy trail or not.


I think I'm too cautious and girly to barrel through the mud.  I just get way too concerned that I'm going to fall on my butt or that I'm damaging the trail, so I shouldn't be on it.  I did enjoy the views for about 30 minutes and decided to make my return.


Do you know how to run in the mud?  Here's what one blogger has to say about it. 

This past week has been a nice if not slow return to running.  On Tuesday I did a little hill work with the group, Thursday was a nice 3 mile run, and on Saturday I made my way 8 miles on a windy and hilly course with the group.  This week, it is back to training.  This time for the Greenland 25K. 

Also this week - P90X should arrive.  So between my foray back to strength training and my return to a running training schedule, I'm sure there will be more to share than I have been these past few weeks. 

Have a great start to your week!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment