Weight Loss

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Pancakes


Saturday I got my long run in with my fabulous running group - while I had 14 miles on the schedule, I wanted company on my run - so I did 10 with my peeps...and truth be told, I wanted some pancakes!  Our last run of the session ended with a pancake treat!  While I should have brought real maple syrup with me, I enjoyed the hot cakes and eggo "syrup"- and the company! If you are looking for a great running group, I really can't say enough about Runners Edge of the Rockies.  Spring session starts January 22nd!  No more deviating from my training schedule...pancakes or not.

My Tuesday and Thursday runs jumped to 7 milers this past week.  And thanks to my friends, I got them both in.  I also had two hard workouts with my trainer.  I really feel much stronger after incorporating strength training (and my clothes fit so much better!).  I took Thursday and Friday off from work and that meant I had time to get a massage, see the eye doctor, get a flu shot and take care of other errands. 

And on the dating front, I had date #3 with such a beautiful man.  We went to First Friday, and had a great time exploring a more creative side of Denver and then had dinner at Cuba Cuba.  I'm trying to keep up with my New Year's resolutions of dating more and being patient, but this guy distracts me from those goals in a very nice way.

As for this week, I need to put it out to the universe - I will be at the gym for the next three mornings.  I must!  I woke up this morning to snow on the ground and the cold, very cold temperatures will arrive this evening, so no early runs outside for the next few mornings...dear dreadmill, please be kind to me tomorrow morning!

Monday: yoga DVD (boy did this help stretch my hips!)
Tuesday: 7.08 miles (in sub zero windchill - crazy!)
Wednesday: strength train
Thursday: 7.18 miles
Friday: strength train
Saturday: 10 miles
Sunday: day off
Total Miles: 24.26 miles

Have a great week!

Laura

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are perking along very nicely on all fronts for you - woo-hoo! Nice job on getting out in the sub-zero temps - did you know that exercising in the cold burns more calories???!!! :-) Bring on Mr. Winter! Those pancakes look divine!!! Yum.....

    ReplyDelete